21 January, 2012

at a bagle cafe in leuven

It was in autumn when I saw some college students riding their bicycles on the old stone pavement in Leuven city. Their bicycles seemed to be a little bit old fashion, but its silver body was nicely glittering. I just stood at the end of a small alley at the center of the old town, and after the bicycles passing by, I walked across a relatively busy street. Maybe it was around 13:00, and just in time for lunch in here Belgium, so fortunately, I found a nice, casual bagel cafe standing along with the street. 


In front of the cafe, there were several tables which were already occupied by young people enjoying the afternoon sun shining. Inside the cafe, I listened to the mild-sound of jazz-like music running like a favor of coffee. I took a small table, and ordered a salmon sandwich with sesame bagle, a small glass of beer, stella artois, and a cup of espresso. The sandwich was good, since I enjoyed the incredibly fresh salmon. Shipping an espresso, I saw young people, maybe students of Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, talking like singing with cups of coffee as if they were holding a seminar in a classroom, though it was Sunday afternoon.


Here was Leuven, this city has an old university.  

No comments: