09 November, 2013

vineyard and swimming pool in the bourgone

It was in the middle of summer, several years ago. At the time, my GPS was suddenly frozen and oddly stopped catching signals from a satellite. I drove my beloved blue Peugeot 207 on a highway going to Beaune from Dijon, where I never came before, thus, doubtlessly I was a new comer knowing nothing which exits or routes I should go without my mighty GPS. So, quite naturally, I had no choice but took first exit I found after having lost any GPS-signals, and entered an unknown small town in the Bourgogne region.

The town was located between gentle hills covered with quasi-ever green, most parts of which were, of course, vineyards. I drove around this small town for looking for a parking space, where I stopped my Peugeot in order to figure out what was going on with my GPS. The town was so small that in fact, I hardly found any parking lots, so, made a short stop on a small open space in front of a high school. 

To say precisely, it was in front of the school's outside swimming-pool, so, while waiting for my GPS coming normal after completing shutdown and restart operation, I just listened to joyful cheers of students enjoying their swimming lessen in the summer afternoon. I felt dry and gentle breezes coming from my car window, and they also went inside an old three-story apartment next to the high school, opened its windows widely.

Here was in the small town, Bourgogne, France.

No comments: