03 May, 2015

a girl selling a fan in a maket

A girl was walking up to me, when I just took a look at some traditional handbags made of cloth at the corner inside the market. I checked the bags for just a mere interest, say, killing time at the time, not actually looking for the souvenir in here, and I knew I would not buy it. And she knew it, too.

The girl was actually selling a fan, which might be a traditional handicraft, the small bamboo fan, so, she kept creatng airflow to me with it. She said something in Myanmar language, sometimes in English. Maybe, she said the price of the fan, two for some US dollars.

At the time, the elder selling a small spinning top, which was made of plastic, not traditional, was coming to me, and also telling me some price of it in English. Two or three for some US dollars. Around me, there seemed to be a fierce competition between them, sadly.

I'm just still wondering if I should take the fan or top at the time, but don't know for what.

At the market, Yangon.

No comments: