27 July, 2008

champs-elysees, sky high

Walking down the avenue des Champs-Elysees, I found the sky was so high and blue. And turning around, I also found, though it is obvious, needless to say, the Arc de Triomphe was there.

The typical famous spot is not so bad in case you are in a sky-blue (not blue-sky, in term of the nuance of word, anyway).

The day was so hot, about eight of ten people I pass on this avenue wore sunglasses.

Unlike Brussels, in Paris, I found several Starbucks"es" around corners of the streets and avenues. And on this hot day, maybe seven of ten people want to have a "frappuccino", frozen drink, which has been trade marked by the company. I'm the one who got a caramel-taste.

The reason why I came here was so simple. Maybe, it was my sophomore year of high school, I read a comic book, which was about "judo- (sports from Japan) girl". In that comic book, father of the judo-girl had been in a vagrant life, and began to teach the judo-tech for the French archrival of his daughter in Paris. The mother of the judo-girl realized her husband was in Paris, then said "I'm looking forward to walking down the avenue des Champs-Elysees with family".

So, I'm walking down the ave.

Here is Paris, France.

No comments: