02 August, 2008

frites in antwerp

The frites shop in the photo is located near the cathedral of our lady, Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekathedraal. This is maybe one of the most famous frites shops in Belgium, at least I heard so from my colleagues. My colleague said that the madam and monsieur in the shop had regularly and separately made the frites, and he continued if I was so lucky, I got the frites made by the monsieur, which was a little bit good, a little bit, maybe.

So, must-go shop in Antwerp.

Unfortunately, I was full at the time, and I just took the photo instead of joining in the line of the waiting people. So, still I'm not quite sure even if the madam and monsieur are for real, maybe there is a possibility that just friendly guys may make a good one, or maybe not.

When I standing there for a while, two American sightseeing girls were waiting for their frites, or in their case, french fries. They found a curious sauce for frites, named "Samurai".

"Samurai?" one girl said, and another followed "Wasabi?".

Samurai sauce for frites was a kind of usual choices in many frites shop, not Wasabi taste. I learned afterward in Brussels.

Here was Antwerp, Belgium

No comments: