12 February, 2011

a narrow sky in venezia

Looking up the Venetian sky from a small alley, I just found the blue and white sky-line over my head. And a moment, the sea gulls were mewing and flying across the line. On the ground, a few people were walking and wandering and going nowhere. Actually, visitors faced a certain difficulty to find a right alley to go. I heard once that if a visitor wanted to get out of here, a dead end of the alley, the best way was to follow a local venetian who knew well where to go.

I was just standing still at the middle of a small bridge over a small canal. Sometimes, some gondolas went through the canal, and I looked down at them while thinking nothing. At the time, I was with my wife and son there, and all three were waiting for the restaurant near the bridge opening in the evening. Actually, the restaurant literally opened at the time, but when looking inside, I could not find any people there. So, we were waiting for people of the restaurant, in shorts, chefs, waiters, maybe an owner, and a bartender coming back soon.

It was about 10 min before the opening hour of the restaurant, 18:00, I remember. Some visitors came and looked inside like us, and then gave up to wait for a while and went away. Finally, restaurant staffs came back on time and we went inside the restaurant. The bartender firstly asked us if we made a reservation. Immediately, I said "No" . He nodded with smile and offered us a table for 3, but said we had to finish our dinner by 19:30, because the reservations were full after the time. No problem, of course. Quite speedy, we had a nice bongole and squid ink spaghetti, which were better than what we've ever had somewhere.


Here was Venezia.

No comments: