18 December, 2011

la seine runs from le harvre to paris

When I saw la Seine, I was driving over the highway near le Harvre. There were several big gray plants and ports along with the river, actually I had totally no idea about what these plants did make actually, and a few big tankers were running against the flow. The color of la Saine at this point was somehow grey and slight-brown. I did not remember whether the day before I came here was an rainy day or not.


I came to the museum standing near the bank of the mouth of the river. After seeing several impressionists there, I took a coffee in the cafe of the museum. The cafe was at the corner of the second floor, and had big windows facing the river. 


While sitting and sipping the hot coffee, I was watching a big ferry coming from la Saine. That big ferry apparently did not come from Paris, but I just came to have an idea that what if I have a middle sized fishing boat, I might be able to go to the Paris along with this river.  What if I was just teenager and took on that middle sized fishing boat, I might take a night to go to Paris, and in the very early morning, I might see a riverbank of Paris and a girl, Parisienne, standing there with a beautiful hat. The breeze was, of course, nice.


Here was le Harvre, where I smelt the tide.

No comments: