26 December, 2011

silent amalfi from a ferry

Still the sky in Amalfi is so high that the birds coming from the north seem to also fly high, between blue and blue. The birds are looking down the peninsula, and may easily go beyond the highest cliffs around here. 


I am on a ferry going back to Salerno city,which maybe takes about 20 or 30 minutes. Turning back to the Amalfi, I find that some old, local people at the coast are sitting on the bank and looking at us idly, and some tourists coming from the ferry 10 minutes ago are walking with their carry-on-luggage, maybe, looking for their hotels.


The girl at the window of the five-story old white apartment, is no longer at the window. She may takes lemon gelatos with friends. 


Some teenagers are gathering at the wharf, and some of them are fooling with each other and finally one dives into the sea. The coast line of the Amalfi is actually busy, and when I was there, I  always found some people were walking, talking, eating sea foods, or drinking an espresso. On the other, the scenery I find from the ferry is perfectly silent. Only the breeze I feel here is the one I can hear.


Here is Amalfi, at the early of July.

No comments: