02 May, 2007

again, i took a local bus

Even staying in such a first-rate resort area, I unintentionally took a local bus in order to walk around the downtown area of Cancún city without any purposes. So, again, I took a local bus from the bus stop on the avenue in front of my hotel. I was not exactly quite sure where the bus I took would go, but certainly knew from my guidebook that the bus would have several stops near the heart of the downtown area.
When the bus passing through the beach area, I saw a huge Mexican flag flapping in the wind. The heat from the sunshine seemed to be a little bit strong, as I was leaving from the seaside area, or I can say, hotel zone. While looking at the landscapes out of the window, I just remembered my Mexican friend's advices or recommendations including "must-go-places" around Cancún city. In the must-go-places-list, she said that there was an only-locals-knowing beautiful beach. Unfortunately, in order to get to each must-go-place including that beach, I would at least need a car, which I didn't have. Basically I rarely drive.
Finally, the bus stopped at one of downtown's stops. I got off and looked around for a minute with thinking about where I would go. It was just around noon. So, I decided to go to a restaurant. Of course, I looked for a good Mexican cuisine.
Here was Cancún city, Mexico.

No comments: