22 July, 2012

delhaize proxy in saint job square

Usually, on Sunday, there were few stores open for customers in Uccle. So, at the beginning of my Brussels life, I often wandered around my apartment in each Sunday morning, in order to look for any glossary stores, which could be open on Sunday and offer any slices of breads possibly consisted of my simple breakfast. And it took 15 minutes walk for me to reach a Delhaize proxy, a mini-supermarket, which was obviously a chain-shop of its parent company "Delhaize supermarket group", and open 7 days a week. I'm not quite sure how this store could be an exception to the strict Belgium rule banning Sunday operation for any stores and shops.


Anyhow, on every Sunday in Uccle, unless I was in a vacation-trip, I surely went to that Delhaize proxy, by walking, by running, and sometimes by taking tram 92. When walking, I cannot count how many times I crossed a bridge over the railroad to reach there, though the government owed railroad corp did not run any commuter-trains on Sunday, so, I did not see any train whenever I crossed. Passing the bridge, I went down a slope along with tram 92 line, and sometimes, the tram 92 was passing by me. I over-looked the saint job square from the slope, while already smelling baguettes or petite pains in that store.


Saint Job square, here was in Uccle, Brussels. 

No comments: