10 July, 2012

same rainbow

Today, I saw a rainbow hung in the western sky in this Maryland. At the time, dark clouds gathered as if we would have a huge evening shower sooner or later tonight, and as my everyday routine exercise, I was running through the country road leading to nowhere, but a local supermarket or discount wholesale warehouse. While running, I found that that rainbow was quite similar to what I saw when taking "tram 92" running through Uccle, southern Brussels, almost 4 years ago. That rainbow was above a small, local chain supermarket, named "GB". At the time, GB was already purchased by Carrefour S.A., French hypermarket giant, but allowed to remain its name for a while. I remember the billboard painted with strong colors of red "G" and blue "B" on the top of this supermarket roof, and above these, again, a beautiful rainbow was hanging. And maybe, that was the very beginning moment of my Brussels life. 

That was in Uccle, Brussels.

No comments: