24 July, 2012

twilight sky at louise stop in summer

I'm not quite sure how many times I was just looking up at the twilight sky at Louise stop, especially in summer like today, while waiting for tram 92. Tram 92, my only commuter-tram, no alternative, was rarely coming soon whenever I was at the stop, and I saw always two or three tram 95s sharing Louise stop, coming firstly there. I do not know why so many 95s always came first before single 92 coming. I still think 95 trams did not outnumber 92 trams during evening-hours. And also I saw two or more 92 trams running opposite direction (inbound) before my destination's (outbound) coming. For several years, I've learned, maybe, it was just a nature of tram 92 outbound. 


Waiting for tram 92 outbound at Louise station, in the evening, I used to look up at the billboard of red "Q", Quick Burger chain-restaurant, Belgian version of golden "M" arch, at the top of the building standing at the corner of this Louise square. Then, usually I moved my focus on the opposite corner, where the Nespresso store was under construction at the time, later newly built. 


Sometimes, I saw a car with big "Red Bull" drink can/display on its roof led lots of roller-bladers, -skaters, including kids and adults, along with avenue Louise. On the other day, that Red Bull car also led lots of cyclists with lousy music. Each time, police cars followed them for safety.


Maybe, since I was waiting at Louise stop for such a long time, in total, I think I still have lots to talk about the events I happened to encounter there. Nonetheless, at this moment, just the twilight sky I looked up at in the summer evening keeps coming in my mind. So, the colors of Louise square were always orange and water blue.


Here was Louise, also a nice shopping center in Brussels. 

No comments: