20 July, 2012

going to delhaize through marronniers arch

The nearest supermarket I used to go so many times in Uccle was "delhaize". In my memories, there were two delhaize supermarkets around there, and to go to one of them, I usually came around the street slightly sloped down from la observatoire/ an astronomical-observatory. There were tall marronniers/ horse chestnut trees along with this street, and in the early autumn or at the end of summer, whenever running under these sacred-arch-like tree-tunnel, I often found lots of house-chestnuts accidentally crashed under my shoes.

At a certain point, I used my car to go to that delhaize. I always chose same avenue and street to go there from my apartment, hence, I drove down that same street under same tall marronniers. Maybe, since then, I never care house-chestnuts and its trees, and literally never saw them while driving. I also never thought about the sacred-arc-like tree tunnel, until I missed them now, with help/hidden-power of a glass of biere/ "coors-light", in here, in Maryland.

It was in Uccle, Brussels. By the way, I also miss the landscape I saw from the roof parking lot of that supermarket. Lots of tree-greens and browns, and also orange-brown roof tops of houses nearby, that's absolutely beautiful.

No comments: