18 February, 2007

flower shop

No pic, again. The hotel I stayed in Amsterdam was along with Stadhouderskade, near two of the most famous museums in the city, the Rijksmuseum and the van Gogh Museum. After finishing the business meeting all the morning, I went outside in a business suit to go to both of the museums. On the way to the Rijksmuseum, I found a little flower shop that displayed several winter flowers and greens in its front. I just remembered that I should buy some souvenirs for my family, and then had a good idea to buy a typical Dutch-like souvenirs here, a small vase. I mean, "typical" was not so correct, but considering the tulip-nation, I guess a vase might somehow be relative to "Dutch-like".
So, I came in the shop, where its master and his young son in his teenage were jointly making a huge bouquet. Since the master was focusing on the bouquet, I paid a nice small green vase to his son.
Then, after enjoying great museums and going back to my hotel, I happened to drop a vase and completely crushed it in my room. I went to the flower shop again to buy the same vase. This time, only the young son was there. As soon as he saw me, he said "good sense, look better".
What's that?
He just pointed at my clothes, a hooded sweatshirt with a Levi's, which I changed from a business suit.
Here was Amsterdam, Netherlands.

No comments: