22 February, 2007

waiting for a limousine

Hong Kong was the special place for me, partly because this was the foreign country I traveled alone for the first time. I somehow took five consecutive days off, which was eventually less than days I needed to persuade my boss to let me go.
I took a cheap night flight that landed on Hong Kong around 22:00. I was totally a stranger not only to Hong Kong, but also to a place surrounded by what I had never been used to.
Since airport exchangers seemed to be closed at night, I didn't have any ideas about how to take an airport express, bus, and even taxi.
Fortunately, I found a local affiliate of my travel agent, and asked to keep a seat of a limousine to go to a hotel I reserved. The agent kindly did well, so I somehow got to an airport limo terminal almost at 0:00, beginning of the next day.
I maybe waited for half an hour. Until the limo was appeared finally, there were two or three people waiting there.
The final incident was also waiting to be happened as soon as the limo stopped in front of us. Suddenly, the driver jumped down from the limo's front door, and then grabbed at the terminal staff by shouting in loudly Chinese, or I say, loudly Cantonese. The two finally exchanged blows until the other colleagues stopped.
I idly looked the scene and slightly felt that this might be a part of excitements filled with Hong Kong.
Here was Hong Kong, SAR of China.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being a stranger in the city of HK might be a cool idea ...specially yourself along .. Have a great time in there ..I enjoy your Blog ..

July said...

Thank you, Simon.