21 February, 2007

rainy, cloudy victoria peak

When I was at the Peak for the first time, continual falling of huge raindrops made a white curtain, as if I just happened to be in whiteout, which I mean is, of course, not snow, but a downpour-version. The great view from there was not anywhere at that time.
The pic was my second visit's. I somehow made a point to take the pic, though it was a cloudy day and a few rain drops fell on my head.
Curiously, I remember the downpour view more vividly than the cloudy, but nice view of the city. Maybe, while taking the Peak Tram and turning over its booklet I got from an usher of the Tram, I studied much about trivia of the Peak with great anticipation, say that its origin was related to the governor's summer home built there before1900.
One more important element in that rainy day's trip. I was with the group of tourists. In that group, there was a family of four. Two daughters were so active in the Tram that parents somehow tried to calm them down, saying the Peak and the great view were almost there. When we reached at the Peak, the two girls ran in the rain, then playing and laughing happily with each other at the white-view.
Here was Hong Kong, SAR of China.
http://www.thepeak.com.hk/full/en/index.php

No comments: