05 March, 2007

beignet

When being tired by walking around the heart of the city, I found a cafe known by a good beignet, which was located along with Decatur Street. Of course, my guidebook recommended to go in order to enjoy one of specialities of the city. Since almost all tables had been occupied by locals and tourists whenever I saw, various guidebooks seemed to put this cafe as a must-go spot.
I fortunately had a table, and ordered its famous beignet with an iced coffee. The taste was really good, partly 'cause being tired made me need sweets to recharge my energy. Moreover, the taste was so good, of course. Its fried crust was nicely crisp, but inside it, the texture was so soft and white sugar powders made it less oily than I expected.
While enjoying this afternoon sweet, I looked across the street where several artists drawing tourists in shadows of trees. The breeze was so nice, and the sky was so high.
Here was New Orleans, USA

No comments: