23 March, 2007

the mountain famed as a treasure in an old song

I was still on the shore of Inawashiro-lake. Turning back from the lake side, suddenly I faced to a beautiful mountain in the pic. The mountain came to fame as a treasure in an old song, and the song was maybe well-known especially among the elderly. I slightly remember the lyrics. In my imperfect memory, it says that the mountain is a treasure and bamboo leaves look like gold. Maybe, the last phrase of this old song is about a local man who went bankrupt because of his liking for morning drinking, bathing and sleeping. Maybe, kind of a funny song.
The song seemed to be made in the samurai-era in this country, and enjoyed among locals in a harvest festival, I guess.
The song's name is same as the mountain's, which is "aizu-bandai-san". Aizu is the place-name, so people call it "bandai-mountain".
Here was Inawashiro, Aizu, Japan.

No comments: