25 March, 2007

memory of being in nyc for the first time

It was several years ago when I saw the pic's windy broadway in the Manhattan, for the first time in my life. Though it does not happen so many time for me, fortunately, I still remember my first impression that I got just when coming to the heart of the city. It's just like this.
I was on a Greyhound bus from Boston, and the bus came through a little bit long tunnel before reaching its destination, a bus terminal, which seemed to be around 42nd street, I slightly remember. I looked out of the window that shows completely the darkness, then suddenly turned to the complete white.
It was a so heavy snow day that the bus was delayed more than a hour, and I saw several cars slipped and crushed on the freeway.
In the white sight, suddenly high walls reaching the white sky appeared. The high walls were, of course, high-rise buildings in the city, but I saw only their upper parts. Maybe, the lower parts, below 10th or 15th floor, were missing in the white curtain.
Here was New York City, USA.

No comments: