10 March, 2007

coffee at the top of the tower

Entering Macau from Hong Kong, I had a little bit strange feeling, partly because I needed to show my passport to the customs officer afresh. It's the exact same feeling that I got, when entering Hong Kong. That is to say, it's a "comfortable bewilderment" to face the upcoming, unknown surroundings with plenty of excitements.
I took a taxi at the ferry terminal to go to Macau tower. The taxi driver couldn't understand my English, and said something in Cantonese (though I expected Portuguese).
That's what I'm talking about.
A comfortable bewilderment # 1 in Macau, no English.
I showed my guide book to him. He just recognized the tower's pic, and laughed with satisfaction.
Finally reaching the top of the tower, I had a coffee in the cafe. The coffee's flavor was so nice that I still remember not only the great view from the tower, but also taking a deep breath with feeling my adrenaline calmed down.
Here was at the top of Macau tower, SAR of China.

No comments: