18 March, 2007

in a couchette car

In a couchette car, there are two of three-level-beds placed on both sides of the room. So, basically, a room could have six passengers maximally. I was in one of second-level-beds. Each top-level-bed was occupied by a young couple that seemed to go skiing in somewhere mountainous spot in Austria.
Ironically for me, each lowest level bed was also occupied by an another young couple that seemed to go skiing in somewhere mountainous spot in Swiss.
One of two couples said hello to sleepy me, and went outside the room. They chatted in a corridor over the night.
Unconsciously listening to the chatting from the corridor while sleeping, suddenly, I heard a crew said something about a passport directly to me. Then, I opened my eyes and saw a middle-aged man who asked me to bring my passport for passing a border. As the man told, I handed it to him. He just went outside without saying anything.
Next morning, around 6:00am, the same man brought my passport back with two slices of toasts, a strawberry-jam, batter, a glass of orange juice and small bottle of water.
At 8:00am, I stood in Wien Westbahnhof.
Here was in a train station located west side of Wien, Austria.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]GUvsYCENUxoWLipJW[/url] - zLoEwbDtAcV , http://iluubcb.com