29 March, 2007

a movie and reality quiz show

As for movies about the city, besides "The Family Man", the movie that gave me an impressive image of NYC was "Sleepless in Seattle", which was staring Ms Ryan, and of course, Mr Thomas Jeffrey Hanks, great actress and actor, everyone knows. At its last scene, I saw the Empire State Building and its prototypical CG-version. So, when looking up the building from the street, first of all, I was just looking for the heart-shaped illumination at its side. Of course, I couldn't see it and it was day time.
Before watching the movie, I've already known this famous building. The very first moment I saw the building was when I was watching a TV reality-quiz-show in Japan almost about 20 years ago. The name of the show was "Ultra-Quiz Across the USA" in Japanese, and in the show, tons of knowledgeable Japanese competed with each other while answering many kinds of quizzes and avoiding sections' eliminations. The final two eventually did knockout 10 quiz-battles at the top of the Empire State Building. They were so greatly amazingly supremely cool that being final two or being at the top of the Empire State Building was an ultimate dream for geeks of the show.
Here was on the street where I saw the Empire State Building over there, NYC, USA

No comments: