19 March, 2007

on a snow day at schloss schönbrunn

On January 2, 2000, we had a heavy snow falling from the early morning in Wien. I walked from a hotel I stayed to Wien Mitte station. While walking, I was just surprised how the snow scape of the city became so different from what I looked before snowing.
I took just 25-min-walk from my hotel to the station. The huge snowplow ran regularly on city's main roads and made a little snow walls along with them.
I took a subway from Wien Mitte to go to Schloss Schönbrunn, or I can say, Schönbrunn Palace, a world heritage site. Of course, in Schönbrunn, there was snow everywhere, and moreover, it was the heaviest snow-falling moment when I arrived there. So, my impression of this palace, is firstly "a snow scape", but therefore, beautifully white-bright.
After looking around the palace, I took a subway again to go to Stadtbahn Station Karlsplatz.
I don't know why I decided to go to Karlsplatz at that time, but certainly remember that I had a pretty good croissant sandwich at the stall.
Here was Wien, Austria.

No comments: