21 April, 2007

a's cap and hancock-clarke house

After leaving from Buckman Tavern, we walked from Mass Ave to Hancock Street, which might be named after one of the legends famously known as a colonial leader, John Hancock. So, you know, our next destination was Hancock-Clarke House located along with this street, of course. When entering the house, we again met with the elder staff in the 1775 style of costume. At this site, I almost forgot whether we had a guide tour or not, but still remember that we walked inside the house with the elder Bostonian couple. They were pretty quiet, kind and so polite to us.
I think it was at the time when we went up to the second floor. Suddenly, the elder gentleman said to me with full of smile, "you know, here is New England, so".
He pointed to my head, to say precisely, to my A's cap. "You must have a "B" ". He added, and the elder lady nodded slowly.
I said just, yeah, yeah.........., while thinking that I safely had a pretty right decision of not wearing my "NY" cap on that day.
Here was Lexington, MA, of course, New England, USA.

No comments: