10 April, 2007

on a plane going to Hong Kong

In the very previous weblog, I mentioned about my first travel in a foreign country, which is Hong Kong. I remember Simon kindly commented on it. This time's my walking is also related to that Hong Kong story, again.
When I was on a plane going to Hong Kong, I got a window seat that I do/didn't like because of inconveniences especially to go to a bathroom when having a meal. Next to me, a young guy, who looked like same age of me, sit and read a book quietly. Coincidentally, I noticed that the book this guy read was the same one I had in my backpack.
The book was a pretty good travel essay about Hong Kong written by a non-fiction writer, and became famous especially among young people at that time, partly because the TV drama based on the book.
So, I just said to him, "hey, you read the book"He just gazed at me, and said yes, he did.
Then, I picked my book from a backpack, and saying that I also read it, 'cause I was going to Hong Kong.
He smiled, and said that his going to Hong Kong this time was also the first time traveling alone in an abroad. We talked a lot about the book and the unknown, but upcoming travel in Hong Kong. We surely shared the same kind of excitements at the time.
When the plane landing on Hong Kong, we said good by, and good luck with each other. We thought that that's the way of traveling alone, as the book also mentioned about, besed on the author's traveling.
Here was Hong Kong, SAR of China.

No comments: