30 April, 2007

a black and white lighthouse

After walking around the station, I found that I would have an hour-bus-riding to go to the top of Oga-peninsula, which was in parts of a national park. Around the station, there was a small main street, and along with it, I found a sushi-shop, not a restaurant. In front of this sushi-shop, a little girl was waiting to get a sushi-meal, maybe for her and her family's lunch. It was a really good winter day, not so cold, but a little bit warm.

The bus I took was nearly empty. Eventually, when reaching the last stop that was at the top of the peninsula, I found that I was the only passenger for the bus. The buy ran so slowly that sometimes boys riding on bicycles easily passed us. But by the grace of its slowness, I enjoyed the landscapes out of the window. The small library seemed to be a assembly hall for locals. School kids enjoyed playing on an empty parking lot. A line of coniferous trees reminds me of Manahage seeming to appear from the shadow of the trees.

The bus finally came to the last stop. I got off the bus, and from the bus stop, I easily found a lighthouse that had painted horizontal stripes of black and white on its side. In front of the lighthouse, there was a grassland, and over there, the winter sea made white waves beating the shore. The salt breeze brought the smell of the sea.

It was a so good landscape to see that I was beside myself with an impression, but finally I came to myself when my spouse called to me to say that she would buy a good sofa for our living room.
It was at the top of Oga-peninsula, Oga city, Japan.

No comments: