15 April, 2007

at the heart of the town

The pic was taken by me at the heart of Concord town, though this was not from my first visit in mid or late spring, but from re-visiting in an early summer. So, you can see the deep greens over there.
At the heart of the town, I was looking for a pizza shop or restaurant to have a light meal for lunch.
Going straight along with the side walk, I could reach the building having the Stars and Stripes, which was a former "Fleet Bank", now, Bank of America. I slightly remember that I walked to the alley around this Fleet Bank, then found a good cafe that served a smoked salmon sandwich and iced coffee. Maybe, the outside tables in front of the cafe just faced the parking lot of the bank. Around the parking lot, I found a tourist info, where I eventually got a free simple-map of the town.
According to the map, there was a grave in the center of the town, and turning left at the intersection in front of the grave and keeping walking for several minutes, we could reach one of the prestigious historic site in the town, or in Massachusetts, or in the entire nation, Old North Bridge, the heritage of Battle of Lexington and Concord.
Here was Concord, MA, USA.

No comments: