12 April, 2007

wan chai and causeway bay

After several years when I firstly got to Hong Kong Island, I just returned there, this time, on the way of my business trip. Just like NYC story I was telling in the very previous weblog, I hardly imagined that I actually came back here in my business suit. Of course, pieces of the Hong Kong scenery I used to see while previously wandering, seemed to be totally different for me, though the buildings and excitements around the locals were not quite changed.
I stayed in a middle-class, but a little bit cheap hotel in Wan Chai for several days, and walked everyday to the meeting place that was a good conference room in one of the most expensive hotels in Hong Kong. The hotel located between Central and Admirality area, and walking from Wan Chai area to there, I always went across the old red-light restrict. Around there, there were lots of bars, parts of which were filled with tourists at the evening. One day during this business stay, I had no dinner appointment. So, I just looked for a famously nice Chinese (hopefully, Cantonese cuisine) restaurant. I walked and sometimes took the subway, and eventually reached Times Square Shopping Mall in Causeway Bay area (though it was eventually just next stop to Wan Chai by a subway).
There was a pretty good Chinese restaurant there, and since then I went there more than two times for dinner after business meetings, but never had a meal, 'cause each time I went there, the restaurant was fully reserved as wedding receptions.
Here was Hong Kong, SAR of China.

No comments: