14 April, 2007

near a library

I used to take a commuter train in my everyday life from Cambridge to Waltham, Massachusetts. Though I took off the train in Waltham city, I sometimes wanted to keep going to far next stops on such a good day in spring.
So, the day when I took the pic was such a good spring day.
I finally got off the train at Concord. I still remember that the quasi-station was actually a store selling nice sundries, and on the opposite side of the Thoreau Street (maybe named after Mr Henry David Thoreau), there was a pizza shop.
I went to the shop and got a pepsi to satisfy my thirst.
It was a so warm day in middle or late spring that there were plenty of greens making themselves so deep. The breeze was also warm, but sometimes carried a thin cold breath in a moment. In short, the day was actually good for walking.
Without any guidebooks, but with my limited and imperfect knowledge about historical traces, great philosophers, and a famous novel about four sisters, I just kept walking in the entire town.
I took the pic near a library, which was maybe over the intersection. Moreover, I finally found the heart of the town over there, and sighed with relief, 'cause I had just regretted not getting a piece of pizza in the shop in front of the station.
Here was Concord, MA, USA.

No comments: