16 April, 2007

old north bridge

I finally reached the famous old north bridge. I took this pic just on the bridge. On one hand, behind me, the Minute Man statue stood quietly. on the other, over there, in case you can carefully look at the pic, you'll find three tourists seem to listen to the man who costumed in an old British Army.
He, of course, was not a Briton in 1775, but maybe a volunteer-guide who could tell us interesting episodes related to The Battles of Lexington and Concord.
When I listened to him over there before coming to the bridge, he just explained why he told the episode at this exact place. He said that the rocks behind him were graves of several British soldiers who died in the battle.
The day I was walking around here was a totally normal business day, so, maybe, this afternoon, his audience was just four (including me).
When I came here again on another day (maybe, a normal business day, again), he was not here. Instead of him, several artists sat around the bridge and Concord river, and painted pictures of beautiful sights in the national park.
Here was Concord, MA, USA.

No comments: