19 April, 2007

here comes lexington

On a nice day of late May, 2004, I finally went to Lexington with my spouse in order to complete my trail tour of Battle of Lexington and Concord. At the time, I lived in somewhere Cambridge, MA, without any cars, so, in order to get to the heart of Lexington town in Middlesex County, we firstly took the red-line, subway, and got off at Alewife station. Near the Alwife station (or we can say just "T"), there was a local bus terminal to go to Boston's outskirts, including Lexington town. I slightly remember that it seemed to take about 30 or more minutes to reach the bus stop, which was located in the heart of the town.
During that 30 min, I kept reading the book, which was Michael Lewis's Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game (maybe famously known just as "Moneyball"). Because of this book, I chose to wear A's cap on that day, instead of my favorite "NY" (maybe nearly taboo around New England area or just "bosox nation"), or greatly respected "B".
Here was Lexington, MA, USA.

No comments: