09 April, 2007

a view from the monument

Before going up to the top of the monument, I knew that I had to go up over 290 stone steps. When I took the first step, I heard someone talking far over my head. It was like the conversation of the family of four, parents, a son and daughter. As I went up higher, the voice came nearer to me. At first, I passed the mother who was laughing and saying she couldn't do that. Then, I caught up with the father who loudly encouraged his wife to keep going up. Finally, I found a son and daughter at about 20 or less steps from the top of the monument.
The top floor was a so narrow cube that five people, which were the family and me, somehow stood without touching each other. There were four windows and I took the pic from one of them.
The heart of Boston city was in the pic.
Here was Charles town, Boston, USA.

No comments: