07 April, 2007

a monument

On a day of the spring, 2004, I walked around Breed's hill that had a famous monument of the nation. The reason why I aimed at this hill was very simple. I just wanted to go up to the top of the monument, and see the view of the harbor near here. It was really good day, and there was no cloud in the bright sky. The brand-new greens, I mean, leaf buds just came after long winter (though this year, it seems to be unseasonably cold around here) .

Walking from the pier where I got off the commuter boat, I saw orderly constructions of famous Charlestown Navy Yard. The tourists coming from the same boat were directly going to the well-known USS Constitution. I hardly remember that I could see the Bunker Hill Monument from this yard. First time I saw this monument was when I was at the top of Prudential Center Skywalk, 51th? floor. Finding the monument, I knew that I would go up to the top of the monument in order to see the different view that people in mid-1800's could see after going up more than 290 steps.

Here was Charlestown, Boston, USA.

No comments: