23 April, 2007

kinds of noodles in morioka city

Whenever I remember my walkings, in other words, my travels, my biggest trigger to recollect a memory is always a "food" I had at the time. So, in order to tell my walking in Morioka city, I've better start to show what I ate on the night when I reached the city.
As I said in the previous blog, there were few restaurants or even snack bars around the station. So, my friend and I decided to find a restaurant on the way to the hotel we somehow reserved. The way to the hotel was a little bit far from the station, but located around the downtown (though the downtown was not so large).
At the heart of the downtown, we found a small-scale shopping arcade that had several shops and restaurants. Fortunately, these restaurants were still opened around 21:40, though we found few people on the street. The restaurant we decided to go was serving the famous noodle around here, which was also a peculiarity of Morioka city. The noodle was usually called "ja-ja-men", originally coming from China, but arranged for Japanese taste, maybe, by using "miso" or something, I guess.
Of course, we ordered dishes of ja-ja men, and I ate it for the first time in my life. Taste was so good, but I was surprised the color of its sauce, totally black.
Morioka city was said to have "big three" noodles. One of them was of course this ja-ja men, and I'll maybe tell about the other two in a later weblog.
Here was Morioka city, Japan.

No comments: